Tuesday 24 August 2010

Changes

I've decided on a simple omelette for dinner today. Well, maybe not so simple as I'm intending to add some cooked gammon & rice to it.

I thought I'd start by unearthing some of the Fox's wonderful home grown potatoes. I'd just located a couple of small ones & one big one when the skies began to open. I hastily put the potatoes back in the soil & covered them over. I wasn't about to get soaked unnecessarily. I could always peel our last remaining shop-bought old potatoes for chips.

Just as well I did. Since then it's poured down. The room became so dark I was tempted to put the lights on. A roll of thunder could be heard from the heavens.

It all seems so different from Sunday, when we were able to sit out in the garden to eat our dinner, enjoying the sun & warmth. Still that's England for you - rarely two days the same.

No comments: