Sunday 2 August 2009

Washout of a day

Yesterday was one of my non-days. You know, the sort where everything you try to do just flops. As you already know the day started with not the cheeriest of phone calls.

I decided to go on the laptop to write my blog The jack keeps falling out. Eventually the screen goes black, the battery is flat. No power has been getting through. I feared this might be the case when the usual number of lights hadn't appeared. So, come Monday, the laptop is off back to the shop. It's less than a year old!

OK then, I turned my attention to something else - my endeavours to learn Italian. I soon discovered my mind was almost a total blank. I was hard pushed to remember any vocabulary, let alone any grammar. I'm not even sure why I'm bothering. Armed with our trusty phrasebook I'm confident we'll get around. Yesterday's lesson centred on a shoe shopping trip. I'm sure I'm not going to be buying shoes on holiday. I hate shoe-buying at the best of times. I'm certainly not going to be doing it on holiday!

All this time I wait for the redelivery of the package that failed to arrive the other day. Royal Mail had confirmed it would be delivered on Saturday 1 August. By mid-afternoon, no sign of a delivery. We fancy going out for a stroll along the prom as the sun is shining for a change. No, we best stay in for the parcel. Needless to say it never did arrive. I'll have to chase that one up on Monday.

Then came dinner. The disaster of that can be read on the Fox's blog.

When dinner was done, we decide to put some champagne in the fridge to chill. It's difficult to be miserable drinking champagne. It was a perfectly good champagne, but even so our spirits didn't rise very much or for long.

All in all, a day to be over & forgotten as soon as possible.

No comments: