Wednesday 5 August 2009

Spreading news

The phone lines are buzzing. The news of the two deaths & funerals spreads. I'm not sure which one it will be about as I pick up the phone. A cousin here, friends there. I've contacted or heard from cousins I've not spoken to for years, all eager to know about Aunt Ivy & the arrangements, & to confirm the continuance of life elsewhere in the family. I hear of babies to be born, houses to be moved into, other people's health as we all grow older.

At least the time & other arrangements for MK's funeral have been organised. We still wait to know about Aunt Ivy's. I suspect there has to be an autopsy for her as she died unexpectedly in hospital, when she was even due to be released. If nothing else it looks as though it will be on a different day from MK's. I certainly hope so. Meanwhile we go around in a daze, not sure who to mourn for most.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

sadly it never rains ... etc