Monday 3 August 2009

Anger & loss

I am getting very angry. As I mentioned , our packet was not redelivered on Saturday as arranged. So this morning, I ring the number on the card during the hours stipulated on the card. I get a recorded voice with various options. I choose to talk to my local office as I would assume the packet is there, if not in a local delivery van already on the road. The phone rings. No answer. Eventually a recorded voice tells me that there is nobody available to answer my call, please leave a message. Their efficiency so far does not encourage me to leave a message. I try again, this time I press to make a complaint. This results in endless recorded music. I am getting very annoyed.

Maybe I'm just feeling raw at the moment. Yesterday we had news that our friend, MK, who had Motor Neurone Disease, had finally died. And now, in the midst of writing this, I've just had a phone call from my cousin Anne, to tell me my Aunt Ivy, who was due to return home from hospital today, collapsed yesterday in hospital & died. Two much loved people dead in one day. I'm reeling & stunned.

No comments: