Wednesday 6 March 2019

Trials & tribulations

The rain has returned. Puddles abound.

As we went out yesterday I couldn’t help noticing the amount of water on one window. It looked more like condensation. It wasn’t raining then. I got the Fox to reach up to see if it was inside. It definitely wasn’t on the outside. He then went inside & tried the window again. Still no condensation on the outer surface. The dampness must be therefore in between the pains of glass of the double glazing. The seal must have gone. This morning I got onto the company who installed the double glazing. No problem. They would be round soon to check the measurements of the window & order a new one. No quibble. Nothing. It really is a pleasure to deal with such a company. It wasn’t the cheapest company but it’s aftersales service is magnificent. Nothing seems too much trouble, even years after the original work was done.

Meanwhile we wait for the return of our new computer. They have found a fault. Last we heard they’d ordered a part & were awaiting it’s arrival. I’m really looking forward to its return. At the moment it’s a choice of the old computer which packs up without warning after about half an hour, or this tablet. 

If nothing else I’m discovering new possibilities with this tablet. At least this time writing my blog on it, I seem to be able on concentrate more on what I’m writing rather than the difficulties of using the system. That’s an improvement. Now I just need to get more inspired about the subject matter!





No comments: