Saturday 16 March 2019

Feeling stupid

Today I have another go on the desk top computer. This time I get both the mouse and the keyboard to work. I manage to boot up the system. That’s when I grind to a halt.

First I try to sort out my freezer list so I go to Word. I realise when the computer was being repaired its memory was deleted so there would be no copy on the computer so I inserted the flashdrive. I try to load that file. There was no sign of it on the list of available files so how could I load it? No idea.

I thought I’d try to at least go on the web & write this blog & read any e-mails. Just a sign to say the server could not be found.  A quick look shows the wi-fi tower is obviously being effected by the storm blowing outside.

I go to the site to remove the flashdrive. I suddenly discover I can access my freezer list that way so hopefully that at least has been done.

I’m now once more back on the tablet. I just hope now I can get on the web to publish this & read our e-mail. 

I’m beginning to despair of ever getting onto the repaired desktop computer.

I’m telling myself that the Fox is still rather bogged down with his cold & has probably still not got it fully set up. Patience I tell myself. I just feel rather stupid& despairing of ever using that machine aggain.










No comments: