Monday 4 March 2019

Reins of life


I do believe I’m over the worst of my cold. I even have thoughts of going out to the library later on today.  I’m out of jigsaws & I finished my novel last night. I’m even getting back to cooking today.

So far all that’s involved is taking out a chicken breast from the freezer & peeling some spuds for chips tonight. The chicken is going to be marinated in a herby yogurt mix for a couple of hours then grilled. It will be then used to fill some toasted pitta breads along with some salad ingredients – 2 types of baby tomatoes, cucumber, red onion slices, chopped olives - served with chips & peas.

At the moment it’s looking bright outside. I did wonder whether to put my washing out. However, I thought better of it. The wind is blowing, so hard indeed I suspect the airer will blow over. I’m also forced to admit the sky seems unsettled like it could easily turn to rain.

I’m pleased to be taking up the reins of life again. Colds are such a bore. I’m still blowing & spluttering but nowhere nearly as bad as I was. It’s just as well. I’ve finally got an appointment at the hospital later this week for those new knee braces. I’m determined to get there even if I have to cough all over them. I don’t want to have to wait yet again.

No comments: