Monday 25 March 2019

One last time

The sun is shining. There’s even some warmth in it. I’ve put the washing out to dry. A few things have even dried already.

It’s my last day of chemo today. I feel relieved & a little jubilant. I’m hoping the warmth of the day & my multiple layers (T-shirt, jumper, thick long-sleeved blouse, thick cardigan) will mean all will go well. I shall be wearing mittens for the journey to warm my hands as much as possible.  They usually have difficulty getting the cannula in as my hand is usually too cold so my fine veins shrink even thinner. My veins also tend to be scaredy cats and move as the needle approaches them. The putting the cannula in is the most traumatic part of the whole business. The rest is just boring as the bisphosphonates drip in & sometimes I feel very tired for a day or two afterwards.

The important thing, though, is this is the last dose. As far as the cancer I will continued to be checked annually for a while longer but that is all. So far all is clear. I can move on with life again. Three cheers.

No comments: