Tuesday 8 May 2012

Home again

We're home! At the moment we're very weary & rather shattered. 

We actually got home on Saturday afternoon. So far, time has been spent recovering from the rather harrowing return journey. It took us nearly an hour to cross through Lancaster, the Bank Holiday traffic was so horrific.

Since then it's a case of trying to get on top of things, the mounds of post & of washing. Today will be the food shop. We've hardly got any fresh veg in the house. Fortunately we had a couple of largish potatoes in which we had yesterday. Sunday was pasta day & Saturday was a quick trip to the chippy. We couldn't face the Bank Holiday supermarket crowds so we've left it as long as we could.

Instead, yesterday we popped off to the Pub, partly to see PD again & partly because the Fox always appreciate some good old fashioned English bitter beer, even if the price has gone up in our absence. There's nothing quite like English bitter in France. They only seem to do the lager type.

At the moment it's almost too soon to evaluate the holiday. We're just too tired. 

And I've had trouble with the computer already today.  I started by updating my freezer contents file to discover the file had disappeared somewhere. Just what I needed! I have managed to refind it though I still don't understand what happened.Then I tried to send birthday greetings to our dear friend in Harrogate. I'm just hoping I found the right e-mail address. Now I'm having to contend with this new format blog site, while I'm not even really thinking straight!


Still I just wanted to reassure you all that we are safely home, even if I'm drained & aching  & the Fox is also drained with his leg & hand playing up. A few days of quiet will no doubt rectify the situation. When it does I'll tell you more.


No comments: