Friday 20 April 2012

Last preparations

I've just discovered they've been changing this blog site, so what, if anything, arrives at your end is anyone's guess. As I've said often enough before, I'm no computer whizz kid.

We're on the last stages of preparation for our holiday. This morning is a case of sorting out the last bit of packing. I've to find some resealable clear bags for all our medication - it looks as though we're taking the whole of the chemist shop between us!

After that it's a sort through my handbag. Anything that might be regarded as dangerous needs to be taken out - I usually keep a basic sewing kit in my bag in case of mishaps. Pills will join the other medications - I always keep paracetamol in my bag as you never know when pain will hit. I also keep pills I have to take with meals in case we should just fancy eating out without necessarily wanting to go home first to find the medication.

Anything not wanted will be left behind. I might as well try to lighten the load as much as possible, especially when we're going by air.

The Fox meanwhile will be on to the bill paying & seeing if he can run off those boarding passes.

The seeds have been planted. I'm hoping to see signs of recognisable shoots when we return. The Fox has put the seed potatoes in egg boxes to chit up. A bit of fertiliser has gone on the beds to rejuvenate the soil ready for the veg when we get home. Papers have been cancelled, as has Angie. Neighbours have been warned. I think we're more or less ready for the off.

So we'll see you when we get back. We're due back early in May. We've only just realised we will have to contend with the May Bank Holiday traffic as we return from Liverpool - oh joy!!. Meanwhile enjoy yourselves as we hope to enjoy ourselves.

No comments: