Tuesday 22 May 2012

A bit of sunshine

At last the sun seems to be appearing. I'm still not convinced the summer is here but at least it's great to revel in some warmth & sunshine for the moment. 

Monday is the day our carer-cum-cleaner, Angie, comes. She was in good mood, anticipating a good day, with all her clients in better mood than usual. The sun seems to have that effect on people.

I managed to get my washing dry. I seem to have had a lot this week so it was a relief to get it out & dry so quick. 

This morning it is noticeable that the central heating hasn't come on once - the first time this year. I've done my chore of the morning, preparing some ham & mushroom pancakes for dinner this evening, so I'm contemplating spending the rest of the morning, sitting outside with my novel, with the occasional intermission to watch the blackbirds scuttling across the lawn. How lazy can you get!

There's no denying it, a bit of blue skies & warmth does wonders for the old morale.

No comments: