Tuesday 23 August 2011

Waiting yet again

At 11.20 yesterday I rang up the agency. There was no sign of anyone coming to replace Angie, our cleaner, who usually comes at 11am.  I was told Kelly was on her way & she was due to start with me at 11.30am Why, I asked, had they not told me of the change of time? I'd spent half an hour getting more & more anxious.  There was no real answer. They just didn't think it mattered. Certainly no need for them to apologise or try to do better another time.


At least, when she did arrived, Kelly turned out to be a little gem. She barely reaches 5ft in height, yet she washed down all the walls in the bathroom as far as she could reach. She's a real ray of sunshine, full of infectious good cheer. She's only in her late twenties. She must be one of the few people who work for these care agencies as a vocation. She loves the job. She's always wanted to be a carer & couldn't believe her good fortune when she got the job. I'm now hoping she will be back next week. We'll see.


Meanwhile I'm back to waiting. On Friday, when we got back from the Pub, we found a card to say a parcel had failed to be delivered as we were out. The guidebook, perhaps? Some wine we're expecting? No indication. We arranged for it to be re-delivered today. I just hope they get here earlier than they must have done on Friday. We hadn't left the house until after 3pm & we saw no Royal Mail van as we went along the street. We might have turned back if we had, as we've been expected both parcels for a while. As it is, we're hoping to have time to go & do a big food shop later today. We're nearly out of milk & it's  3 weeks since we did our last big shop. The cupboards are beginning to look a bit bare.

No comments: