Tuesday 9 August 2011

Still wobbly

The meatball curry is plopping away. I was going to make some burgers with the minced beef, but the Fox was rather down yesterday (frustration with his leg as much as anything else), especially after a rather disappointing pilchard pizza  dinner. He fancied a curry, so curry it is.

The sun is actually shining today. The washing is out on the line. Only two things remain to dry. The rest is safely folded in the airing cupboard or in the bag for ironing - tomorrow's task.

Angie, our cleaner, came yesterday. I'd barely greeted her when she asked what was wrong. There was me thinking I was over the worst of the depression, at least sufficiently so as not to have it written all over my face. Apparently not! Still, I do feel I'm heading the right direction which is the main thing.

I'm off to see the doctor tomorrow. I've decided that the stomach pain I had a couple of weeks ago is, in fact, an adverse reaction to medication. Every night since I've been woken with severe stomach pains or cramp in my toes, the very same symptoms that got me changed from one lot of pills to this lot to treat the same problem. Last time it took best part of a year before the symptoms appeared. This time it's just 8 months. That's partially because the dosage was doubled when it was discovered I had CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease). We'll see what the doc says but I expect to be trying another variant. Meanwhile lack of sleep is not helping my sense of well-being. Hopefully things will improve soon.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

I share your hope that things will improve soon! Our thoughts and prayers are with you, as always!