Saturday 6 August 2011

Down & up

My spirits seem to sink again when we went to the Pub in the afternoon. I'm not sure why. It was a good turn out. Most people seemed in good humour. Maybe it's just that I was aware of the Fox's dis-ease (for which read his blog). Maybe it's just I have a tendency to withdraw into myself in a crowd & there did seem to be a crowd & I was still trying to rise from the abyss into which I'd fallen earlier in the week.

However, my spirits did rise a bit with the Fox's Moroccan spicy chicken casserole. Delicious & flavoursome. Tomatoey with underlying aromatic spices. 

Later in the evening we decided to open a bottle & have a chat. I was in two minds as to how much that appealed as my mouth still felt filled with the taste of the meal. The Burgundy white soon permeated through, creamy, fruity & stony. It was good. Once more my spirits started to rise. I think I'm just still in a delicate state of mind, but, on the whole, I still feel I'm heading in the right direction.

No comments: