Sunday 24 April 2011

Ways of seeing

I went to church by radio today. The sermon was about ways of seeing. The preacher reminded us of that phase for books with pictures of dots, which somehow you looked and could suddenly see pictures within them. There would be animals, flowers etc. They never worked for me, any more than it did for this preacher. I always wondered whether it was because I only look with one eye at a time, so don't really see in 3D.

I often think we perceive the world in different ways, interpret it in the light of our own experience & prejudices. While I see kindness, others see self-interest. While I live in a world of potential friends, others live in a world of potential enemies.

Our blackbirds are continuing their kung-fu practice in the garden, on the shed roof. We're amazed they don't seriously hurt one another.

Yesterday the Fox managed to walk to the Post Office, there & back, without too much adverse effect. Slowly his stamina & leg strength is returning. Gently does it, but I am relieved to see things are still improving.

I got the results of my blood tests. Much to my surprise, they've decided I can continue without extra medication. That's one less thing to worry about. Next week it's the Fox's turn to go for a blood pressure reading & blood test, to check his new medication is having no adverse effects. Hopefully his results will be as good as mine.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

here's wishing you both more good results!