Wednesday 6 April 2011

Cysts once more

We set off early for Lancaster. For once the roads seem remarkably quiet. As we arrive early, we pop into the WRVS cafe for a drink before popping over to the clinic.

We wait. I'm promptly called through for further mammograms. They give no impression of what the problem is. They just dot my breast & take more pictures. Finally they're satisfied. I return to the Fox in the waiting room.

We wait. And wait. Over an hour later I finally get called through again. This time the Fox comes with me. This is the verdict. But first they need to do some ultrasound scans. Our anxiety grows.

Eventually the doctor gives the verdict - cysts, nothing to worry about. They're benign & will probably disappear on their own.

We leave the hospital, by this time well over two hours after our arrival, relieved & jubilant. 

At last one good bit of news. All that remains is to get through the now - it's end of school time with all those parents collecting their precious cargoes in their cars - horrific traffic. All is safely negotiated & we're home to celebrate.


This is not the first time I've had breast cysts. They're always a cause of anxiety but so far all has gone well. They seem to disappear with my hysterectomy, but clearly they've not entirely gone. At least they've continued to be benign & not the dreaded cancer.

 

No comments: