Thursday 7 April 2011

Improving times

I'm coming to the conclusion that this is not my day with the computer. I've had to load it a couple of times. I then had a long fiddle trying to write in something other than black. In the process I've just about forgotten what I was going to say. There are days when the technology & the Vixen don't mix & this is clearly one such day!

The Fox went to see the GP yesterday. He came back with some pills to replace the high aspirin dosage at the weekend. He also returned with a serious of appointments as they want to keep an eye on his blood pressure & take some further blood samples to check the new medication is doing what it's supposed to do.

We were back & had some tea by 11. The Fox was tired so went for a lie down. He didn't re-emerge until after 4pm. I think it is the relief of my hospital trip combined with his visit to the GP. He still isn't fully recovered from his stroke & tires easily, hence the long lie down.

He hasn't fully recovered his appetite either yet, though he did thoroughly enjoy the salmon curry we had yesterday. I've scraped some new potatoes towards today's dinner. I hope that goes as well. He's rather nervous about the weight of spuds, so I've done a few less. It won't harm either of us to eat less & maybe lose a bit of weight. We can always fill up with some cheese afterwards if we need it. I'm just relieved he feels like proper food & not just soup or something on toast.

The sun is out so I've put my washing out to dry. I hope it's going to be a sign of good weather for the summer to come. We could do with a good one, one to quietly sit out in & recover our stength a bit.

No comments: