Thursday 21 April 2011

A trip along the prom

I've just come back from on a trip on the Mean Machine, down the prom to the fish shop. On the way I ground to a halt when I looked down at my feet & noticed blood between my toes. A quick inspection soon established the blood was dry so presumably no cause for alarm. I continued on, being passed by cyclists & runners.

By the time I was coming back the day was warming up. Now young children were out in their swimwear, playing in the fountains along the prom. They happily skipped through the water, trying to guess whether the water would be a low jet they could jump over or a high one to douse them. 

On I went past that city gent in his pin-striped suit, a pied wagtail, hopping along the boulders, his tail appropriately wagging behind.

Then I came to an elderly couple. They'd had to stop to take their thick woollen coats off. It may still only be April but this was just too hot for such garb.

Once home, having put the fish away, I had a quick wash of my foot. I can see no obvious cause for the dried blood. Certainly nothing more seems to be gushing forth. Just one of life's little mysteries!

No comments: