Wednesday 13 October 2010

Playing truant

I'm playing truant at the moment. I've done the basic chores. The potatoes are peeled ready for the meal the Fox is cooking later today. The ironing's done & put away in the airing cupboard. I've replied to an e-mail I recently received from my cousin Trudy. In fact I'm finding loads to do that avoids the job I really had set for myself to do this morning - sorting out the car insurance.

The premiums have gone up so much with our present company that we feel it's time to shop around & see if we can get a better quote somewhere else. Our present insurer says to return to them when we've done that & they will try to match it. I can't help thinking if they can do that, why ask so much in the first place.

I always find getting quotes a chore. It's the having to go through medical problems that get to me. Still I've got another 10 days or so before it's due. Maybe I'll just play truant a little longer.....

No comments: