Saturday 2 October 2010

A bit of a shock

I'm suffering a bit of shock. It's that time of year again. The car insurance is due for renewal. I received a letter, & a phone call message, asking me to ring up our present insurers as they needed some "clarification" on something before they could send out a quote for next year.

I've just rung them. You can imagine my surprise then, when clarification turned out to be just a quick check that our circumstances hadn't changed. But the real shock came when they quoted the new price for next year - nearly £100 more! They then offered to take payment over the phone.

I refused. With that sort of increase I want to check around a bit first. I know we've already had one company quote about £10 more than last year. I just want the documents so I can prove the number of years of No Claims Discount. We will be trying elsewhere.

The girl helpfully told me to ring back when I've found the other price & their terms & she would match it. If she can match it, why can't she make an lower offer in the first place? Or is that just me being simple?

No comments: