Thursday 21 October 2010

Going wrong

Just as I begin to think things are sorting themselves out, everything seems to be going wrong.

So it is that yesterday I went into the lounge & put the radio on to discover how much poorer we would be thanks to Mr Osborne to find nothing happened. I'd been listening to the actual speech only half an hour or so before on that very radio with no problem, but now there was silence. I hastily adjourned to the kitchen & the radio there. The programme I was listening to was Money Box Live & fortunately the first question was about the impact to Disability Living Allowance & Incapacity Allowance, the benefits we receive.

Come the evening we tried listening to a CD on the lounge radio system. No problem although the radio still won't work. Today I'm reduced to putting the TV on in order to hear the radio if I want to be in the lounge.

Then last night was very cold. I'd noticed in the morning it was -8C from the night before. Last night seemed colder. After the central heating had kicked off, in the wee hours of the morning, the Fox thought he'd put on the gas fire in the lounge just for a short time. It didn't light a month or so ago, so we'd had it serviced & new batteries put in. All seemed to be well after that, but not now when he was cold. Another thing that needs sorting.

There are times when you begin to think the world has something personal against you. I'm now waiting for the third thing that is due to go wrong. I wonder what that will be....

Or do you think it is the September & October editions of the Parish magazine finally arriving last night? A bit late to let me know so I could participate in most of the activities.

No comments: