Thursday 7 October 2010

Looking forward

I'm amazed. The forecast is for a warm sunny weekend. I hope they're right. We're off to Harrogate tomorrow to see friends. Although sun isn't essential when you're seeing friends - I anticipate much time being spent just sitting around chatting, catching up with news etc - it does make the drive over more pleasant. It also makes it more pleasant if we do decide to go out & about not to get soaked in the process. And in a wheelchair you do get soaked! I had been fearing it would be a weekend of deluge like we've been having here of late.

I'm hoping to get out & pick the fruit from the apple & pear trees before we go. Whether the lawn will dry out sufficient to cross to the trees is doubtful. Plenty of fruit is scattered across the lawn, casualties of wind & rain.

Meanwhile our new washing machine has arrived & is ready to go. The instruction book is intimidating. I'm telling myself when I try to use it all will become clear. It even has a hand wash program. That sounds contradictory. I'm nervous of putting my hand wash in it, though I can't see why it shouldn't work. The only intake of water is cold. It doesn't get heated up on this program. It very gently turns, nothing as vigorous as on other washes. The load is small so the clothes shouldn't be too crushed up or rubbing against each other. It certainly would be useful if the hand wash could be done in the machine. It's not a task I like. Indeed these days I avoid items that need hand washing I despise the job so much.


No comments: