Tuesday 3 November 2009

Visit of the gremlins

I'm beginning to think the gremlins are visiting.

It starts when I get on the main computer. No problem with what I want to do on Word, but when I turn to the Internet, that's a different case. For some reason it just wouldn't load.

Eventually I move to the laptop. I first go to the website for the villa we've booked near Cannes. I've been trying to persuade Lin that she & PD would like to join us on the trip as the villa is for 6 so there's plenty of room. PD's already convinced. I thought I'd just check up on some of the details that are on the web, but not in the brochure. I'm just looking when the phone goes. The link within the net disappears. Try as I might when I press on the hyperlink nothing happens. I've abandoned the endeavour. I'll maybe try again later.

There are times I wish I was more computer literate. I know it's more a case of application. But, basically, as long as a tool works & I can do what I want to do, whether it's a computer or a car, that's all I care about. The mechanics just bore me. In this instance I leave it to the Fox to solve.

No comments: