Thursday 5 November 2009

Late post arriving

At last it's arrived. We re-insured our car at the end of October. Finally the documents have arrived. The accompanying letter is dated Oct 21. Presumably the letter has been lost in the post ever since, due to the strikes. I had decided I would have to give them a ring this weekend, especially as the premium worked on the basis of you pay one figure immediately but you receive a £30 cheque back provided you put the claim in within 30 days. If nothing else I wanted to make sure they knew we hadn't received that form, so if we were a little late putting in the claim we would still receive the money back. (Silly system to my mind. Why not just make the premium £30 less in the first place?) I'm also relieved that we will have some valid insurance documents to show if we ever stopped by the police.

I'm off to France next. We ordered the Michelin Green Guide for the Cote d'Azur. That finally came through the post yesterday. I've been itching to start reading about the area we're visiting next spring. All yesterday evening I kept flicking through the pages. It looks as though there's plenty of exciting things to do & places to visit. I'd never realised there was a strong Russian community in Nice. The Orthodox cathedral looks fabulous. As for art galleries, there's Picasso, Chagal, Matisse for starters. Oh it should be good. And at the end of the day, we'll probably so relaxed we barely venture from the pool at the villa. Still that would be a good reason to go back another time or two.

No comments: