Tuesday 17 November 2009

An anxious evening

The day of the wedding has arrived. We're due to go to the reception this afternoon. We gather the cut glass crystal rose bowl has arrived at PD's ready to be given to the happy couple. My embroidery is going well. I've still not quite finished it but the end is in sight. I think I can confidently say it will be completed by the end of the week. Then there's only the delay for its framing. I hope they like it after all that effort.

My main anxiety is the Fox at the moment. We went out shopping
yesterday, stopping at the Pub on the way back. He seemed fine going but seemed in a very weird mood coming back. All evening, over dinner, he remained withdrawn. He assured me I'd said & done nothing to upset him. Despite my efforts he wouldn't talk about it last night. Later on he said he felt he was going down with something, flu perhaps, & went off to bed at 9pm - very unlike him. Certainly he felt very cold despite the central heating being on as usual.

I wondered whether it was the arrival of yet another funeral party at the Pub
- not for anyone we knew, but it's one of the risks with the Pub being one of the nearest pubs to the crematorium - that upset him My thoughts inevitably went to friends & family lost, especially to those who have died this year. I suspect his will have done too. This particular party was a catering nightmare. The Pub was told to prepare for 25 - 100 guests. A bit of a difference in numbers!

Or did PD say something to upset him? I was talking to my neighbour on the other side when his mood changed. With so many people coming in for the funeral it was impossible to hear what they were talking about as well.

I'm just hoping the Fox is back to his normal self today & it was just a blip evening as sometimes happens.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

Hope the Fox is soon back to his more communicative self and health! My beloved sometimes worries about me when I enter a more withdrawn phase - usually for some inexplicable reason - but it all comes out in the wash!

Love & Hugs.