Friday 27 November 2009

Back to the Pub

We're off to the Pub today. We haven't been since Monday. It seems strange not to have been for a while. It's actually been a pleasure to do a few different things for a change.

The reasons for going are twofold, apart from the pleasure of seeing friends again. The first is we're off to the butchers for one of his flavoursome chickens for tomorrow. We pass the Pub on the way back from there.

Secondly I'm hoping to get the orders for our Christmas dinner. We have one every year for members of Geriatrics' Corner. This year our numbers seem rather depleted with the demise of Little B, MK & Dave C. I'm sure they will all be remembered with love & missed. I'm not sure how I ended up getting roped into organised the meal but I seem to have landed the job for the last few years. I've already got some of the orders. Friday is usually the day of the best turn-out so I'm hoping to get most of the rest today. Any I don't get, I'll phone round over the weekend.

At least today we seem to be having some bright sunny spells between the heavy downpours. I just hope the rain stops soon. I feel this must have been not just one of the, but, the wettest November ever. Let's hope December is better.

No comments: