Tuesday 9 June 2009

Zip at last

I can't quite believe it. I've woken up feeling truly awake, fresh after a good night's sleep. It feels as though this must be the first time I've felt like this all year. Maybe I'm finally getting on top of all this exhaustion. Now the secret lies in not overdoing it. It doesn't take much do that.

I'm forced to admit the brilliant blue sky, the air fresh & slightly chilly after a cold night, is tempting me to go into the garden. Undoubtedly there's plenty of mare's tail to tackle, not to mention some blackberries appearing in dangerous places. I'm trying to convince myself that I should leave it a little longer before taking on such arduous work. Take it easy.

Fortunately the RSPB is doing a spring count this year & this is the week to do it in. So maybe I'll sit like the lady of leisure I am & just count whatever appears in the garden for an hour or so.

But the urge to do something more, when I feel energetic for the first time in ages, is undeniable

No comments: