Friday 5 June 2009

Catching up

Life is getting back to normal. Today I'm trying to catch up on the things I would have done the last couple of days if I hadn't been reading legal documents. So it is this morning I've been doing the ironing. I will admit I had thought I'd leave this until nearer the end of the week when it might be cooler. Well, it is cooler than it has been, but there's no sign of the promised rain. We're out daily watering our new plants & seeds, hoping it will rain soon.

We're contemplating another trip to the garden centre this afternoon. The sight of the brightly coloured planters at the foot of the new bird table is encouraging us with the idea of a few other pots for the patio, a bit of colour to cheer the drab crazy paving.

But I'm not sure. I'm still feeling weary after that reading. We're certainly intending to get over to the butchers. I fancy some flavoursome chicken for tomorrow's dinner. The garden centre is in the same village as the butcher so, who knows, we might get there as well. Or maybe it will be next week....

No comments: