Thursday 18 June 2009

Dynamite required

I'm contemplating having a little trip down the promenade in the Mean Machine, my electric scooter. The Fox is cooking today. He's doing haddock boulangere, so we need some haddock. And a few potted shrimps are always a welcome addition. If I do go, I'm thinking I might go on to the library to see if I can find some good guide books on Italy, something to fire me into looking for a holiday with a bit more enthusiasm.

What is raising the doubt about the little trip is the weather. We're back to grey skies & strong winds, quite a contrast from when I last wrote. Yesterday was one of almost solid downpour. At least it's stopped raining but the wind has arrived instead & the skies don't exactly look settled. I might just leave it until this afternoon when we can go along in the car.

The holiday hunt isn't going too well. My heart just isn't in it. I'm almost feeling too drained to make the effort to look at what's on offer. I feel mentally glazed over. I'm telling myself there's plenty of time. We weren't thinking of going away until September time. In another few days I'll feel a bit more zip, a bit more energy to look. At the moment I'm not sure I've even got the energy to do that much. I'm not sure the Fox is doing much better. I have an awful suspicion we both really need the holiday to regain our energy to look for one. Still, maybe a guide book, as opposed to a brochure, may inspire me, act a bit of dynamite to get me going.

No comments: