Thursday 4 June 2009

Going to work

If you read the Fox's latest blog, you will probably have guessed why I didn't get around to writing yesterday. I was busy reading legal documents. I don't object to doing this. In some ways I feel it does me good to use my brain to some purpose for once, a sort of cerebral work out. And I do like to feel that I am achieving something worthwhile.

But at the same time I am struck by why it is not feasible for me to do this sort of job on a full time paid basis. It sounds silly.The principle cause of my disability is the result of problems with my knees. So why couldn't I do this sort of work? It doesn't require me to use my legs in any way. The answer is that I do find it difficult
sometimes to concentrate for any length of time. The number of times I had to re-read passages yesterday because my eyes had just gone over the words & yet my mind had not registered any meaning in the words read. I knew this document was time sensitive & so had to be read as soon as possible. I deliberately did not get back to PD about it until the evening as I knew I would need to read it again today before I could hope to explain what was being agreed to.

I've just re-read it. Today it took less than an hour, yesterday I was at it for several hours. This time I feel I've come to grips with what it says & the implications, yesterday I did not.

No. A job, even based at home, just reading, is more than I feel I could do realistically. I just couldn't be reliable. And I'm aware of just how drained I now once more feel. And that's just one document!

No comments: