Monday 15 June 2009

Change of plan

I was under the illusion it was supposed to be a wet day. Well, they got it wrong again. It's been a blisteringly hot morning. Great for getting the washing dry. Not so great for making lamb pies. Even my usually freezing hands are getting a bit warm for making pastry. Still the pies are made & par-cooked, ready to complete the cooking this evening while we sit in the garden over an aperitif.

I had been hoping for a quiet day. A bit of rain would have suited me fine. I overdid things a bit yesterday with the result I ended up going to bed aching badly, with red hot knees, which were not conducive to getting off to sleep, just a lot of tossing trying to get comfortable.

Instead, I've ended up popping in & out to peg out wet washing & bring in the dry before pegging up yet more washing. At last the final load has been done & everything is on the line drying or already dry. I feel I can rest a bit. No need to go out again to check until I go for some green beans from the freezer for dinner & for some wine to accompany it.

No comments: