Tuesday 2 June 2009

More for the garden

I've just been planting up some of our purchases at the garden centre. The new bird table is weighed down by a thick layer of peebles, topped with compost. I've even put some flowers in two of the four pots - some orangy red marigolds in one & scarlet salvias in another. The latter is a flower my mother loved. Every year she would grow some from seed for our front garden, so this tub is in memory of her. I'm intending to get some petunias, another of her favourite annuals,along with some lobelia. It should be a riot of colour for the summer.

We also bought a new lavender for the herb garden. It's not one I've seen before. The flower shape is more like French lavender with its ears, but the flower colour is quite a browny purple, not a colour I associate with lavender.

I've watered everything in well. We're off to the supermarket for the inevitable food shop today. Morrisons usually has a good selection of bedding plants so I'm hoping to get a few more plants then.

I feel quite lazy about food today. As we're shopping today, & as it's quite as hot as it is, we've decided on a salad. Nice & easy. I've boiled a couple of eggs. That's it. Later on I'll get some Black Forest ham out of the freezer to thaw in time. The fresh bread & veg we'll get while we're at the shop. As I say, nice & easy.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

good to hear of the new aditions to the garden - here in darkest Yorkshire constant modifications are being made to our garden too!