Tuesday 8 September 2020

Waiting

Waiting seems an almost daily occurrence. Become a patient & you have to learn to be patient as you wait.

 

Yesterday’s wait was for the district nurse who now comes on Mondays to take my bloods & do some PICC care line care. Last week she turned up at 9.15am leaving the rest of the morning/day to do whatever I wanted. This week she eventually came at midday, after a morning of waiting for me. I spent the time in Copenhagen with my jigsaw. However, I was relieved to be able to go out with the Fox in the afternoon.

 

Now I’m waiting for a more enjoyable reason. I’m making a corned beef slice for dinner tonight. The corned beef filling is made & I’m waiting for that to cool. Meanwhile the frozen puff pastry is thawing. Once the pastry is thawed, & I’m finished here, I’ll put the two together & we should have a quick delicious meal this evening.

 

Everything seems so much slower in these days of Covid-19. Queues seem longer. Admittedly the number of people in the queue is probably the same but they are longer as we all try to keep socially distanced. We popped up to the chemist yesterday with a prescription. In former times there were several people behind the counter now there is just the one on the counter. Inevitably that meant a longer wait.

 

As winter closes in, I beginning to dread once more being shut in the house as Covid-19 numbers increase. In winter I will not be so tempted to escape into the cold of the garden. As I’m now on chemo I will definitely be extremely vulnerable. Last time I had chemo I had problems with a simple cold,heaven help me with coronavirus.

 

No comments: