Saturday 5 September 2020

Minced turkey & phones

I’ve finally found an acceptable recipe for minced turkey. Yesterday’s meal was to use up minced turkey. I keep trying to find a good recipe for minced turkey, but unlike minced beef, I find turkey rather dry & granular. There just isn’t enough fat in the meat to make it juicy & enjoyable. However yesterday I spiced it up with some chilli & cooked it in a sauce of passata & barbecue sauce mix along with some sweetcorn & diced green peppers. I served it with pasta & garlic bread. And it worked. We’ve kept the recipe so if we’re ever tempted by a recipe & buy some more minced turkey we’ve got something enjoyable to use any left over with.

 

My next job is going to be trying to sort out our phone. We have no problems calling out. However, our gardener came yesterday & told us she’d rung several times during the week. Each time the phone had rung once & then told her there was a problem with the line & cut her off. We had been aware of the phone ringing just once & then stopping a few times during the week but thought nothing of it. Some calls are getting through but not many. This week the Fox is anticipating his all important telephone consultation with Dermatology so we need them to be able to get through to us. I’m not looking forward to tackling the problem.

 

Phones seem to have been a problem frequently on various radio programmes of late. They reckon it is due to the increased use of the telephone during this Covid-19 crisis. Is this the real problem here? I suppose I’d best contact the supplier & have the line checked at least. Wish me luck.

 

No comments: