Tuesday 1 September 2020

Stress

I’ve managed it. I’ve finally managed to get an appointment with Dermatology for the Fox. Admittedly it is only a telephone one, rather than face to face, but it’s better than nothing. Hopefully he will be reassured, & possibly been given something to make him a bit more comfortable.

 

His real need is to learn to relax, to find somewhere that is his own space where he is not worrying about me. So far we haven’t worked out how to do that, short of a long holiday, & that isn’t practical at the moment, when I have medical appointments once, if not twice a week.

 

I suspect excess stress is one of life’s killers. It brings on heart attacks, strokes, various skin conditions. It makes you more tense in your body, whilst sometimes distracting your mind, all of which is conducive to falls involving breaks. Your immune system becomes more compromised making you more subject to colds, & I suspect, coronavirus, as well as other diseases. You need to learn how to relax & get away from it sometimes.

 

I admit my method is jigsaws. I can disappear into the world of the image for hours, all other concerns put on one side. The Fox needs to find his equivalent.

 

No comments: