Thursday 17 September 2020

A shock

It came as a shock yesterday.

 

Every three years with a Motability car, you have to surrender it & choose a new car. We went on the car hunt & decided to stick with something akin to our present car which we are quite happy with. And, anyhow, we’re just too drained to cope with traipsing around the various available marques & their showrooms.

 

Before we could go on a test drive, they had to see our driving licences. You can imagine my shock when the salesman pointed out that part of my driving licence expires on the 1 October this year. I’ve not been contacted by the DVLA (Driving Vehicle Licensing Authority). It had never occurred to me there might be a problem as I knew the paper part of the driving licence was valid until 2024 & I’m 70. The picture card part apparently works on different rules.

 

Now I’m going have to hastily get on to the DVLA & find out what needs to be done. I certainly hope it can be sorted by October.

 

A bit of me wonders how many people of my age, who haven't had to dig out their licences for a while, have in fact a partly invalid driving licence. 

 

No comments: