Friday 11 September 2020

One of those days

 

It’s one of those mornings.

 

I started by peeling & dicing some potatoes ready to cook them. It was only when I moved the saucepan to the hob I noticed the Fox had already cooked some potatoes ready for the hash he’s cooking this evening. Great! Now I’ve got a pan of diced potatoes for no purpose. I can’t quite see me wanting them for roasting with tomorrow’s joint.

 

The Fox, hearing me fuming when I discovered his pan of potatoes, hastily rushed to see what had happened. He clearly thought I’d had an accident. Unfortunately he’d fallen over as his dead leg – a remnant from his stroke, more apparent when he’s stressed as he is now – gave way under him. I’m not sure which of us was more worried.

 

Maybe I’m just distracted. Next door is having their garden done over with the result there is a lot of noise. They’re finally getting down to put some paving slabs down so hopefully things will get quieter soon. They don’t have a huge garden unlike us.

 

I’ve since divided up some cheeses we bought yesterday & put them in the freezer.

 

Now the phone goes. It’s our gardener just checking I will be in if she comes this morning. I will. The Fox has a telephone appointment with Dermatology later on.

 

We’ve not done anything about our landline phone but I’m coming to the conclusion it’s just temperamental. It seems to work fine most of the time. I suspect it’s particularly bad when we're on-line. I’m aware from the radio how often phones & skype seem to be disrupted at this time as so many people are now using phones/broadband due to working at home. Maybe that’s all it is.

 

 

 

 

No comments: