Tuesday 3 September 2019

Worrying & disruptive


After over two hours at the hospital, we finally were able to leave. During that time I had two talks with a doctor & a mammogram. The first talk was to examine me & decide what should be done, the second to discuss the results of the mammogram.

The one positive that seems to have come from the visit, is that there no sign of anything amiss in my left breast, no sign of a reoccurrence of the cancer there.

However, there remains the lump, undeniably & painfully, just below my left shoulder. The talk now is of bone cancer. Nothing definite. Further tests are to be done - a CT scan & a bone density test. The tests have been marked as urgent.

Meanwhile the ultrasound appointment has come through. We are off there on Thursday. Another day at the Lancaster hospital.

It’s all very worrying & disruptive. The Fox is finding himself itching once more & I’m scratching away at the psoriasis on my scalp. All plans are being put on hold until we have a diagnosis & possible treatment.

No comments: