Saturday 21 September 2019

Definite


It’s definite now. I have cancer. It is in the glands rather than other breast tissue.

Yesterday I had the last tests. Next week I will know the proposal for the next stage.

It is certain I need another op to remove this lump. However, that is complicated because of its size & its location.

It is immediately above a mass of veins & nerves (hence the amount of pain I have in my arm, neck & side). It is difficult to operate without causing other damage in the process. The proposal so far is to shrink the lump first of all, presumably with either chemo or radiation. A big group discussion is to be held by the various departments on Monday to decide on the best way forward.

I will just be relieved when something starts to be done to reduce the amount of pain I’m having to endure.

The interesting thing is the loss of sensation I had in my left hand earlier in the year was probably an early sign of the cancer affecting the nerves going down my left arm. Now we know.

No comments: