Sunday 15 September 2019

A good night's sleep


At last I managed a good night's sleep & feel so much better for it.

When I got changed last night I took off the dressing over the incision for the biopsy. All looked fine underneath so I didn’t bother putting on another.

I could manage once more to turn on my side in bed. I even managed to snuggle into the Fox when he joined me.

The biggest ache was in my armpit. The tumour(?) is under a muscle in the breast which made things so painful. Presumably the muscle stretches into the armpit. But at least now I can lie comfortably. Even the lump which started the whole process is now smaller, thanks to the biopsy. It’s also less painful.

Things are certainly not perfect. I’ve still got a painful shoulder, an excess stiffness as much as anything else. But at least the pain levels last night were at a level I could sleep.

There is something truly wonderful about a good night's sleep. With it you can take on the world. Without it everything takes so much more effort. You’re half defeated before you even start. Even your morale can rise. I just hope it will continue. But I am grateful for at least one.

No comments: