Monday 23 September 2019

Hunt for relaxation


The sun is back! There’s even some warmth in it. I’ve hastily got the washing out on the line to dry.

We did contemplate going away for a few days, to get away from the stress & regather our strength. We have no medical appointments until Thursday so it would seem possible. However, we concluded the way the hospital keeps ringing up with short notice appointments maybe it wasn’t so wise. That has to take priority at the moment.

The big meeting is happening today. I quite expect by tomorrow I will be called in again. So instead we’ve had a quiet weekend at home doing a few chores or just trying to relax.

It’s just as well really. I flaked out not long after 8pm last night. I was wondering if I was even going to get to the end of my meal. When the Fox came along to bed he’d had to admit he’d dropped off to sleep in front of the tele. Neither of us are sleeping very well at the moment – too anxious, too itchy, too painfilled. The sooner something is sorted the better. However, I fear it may be quite a while before we can properly relax, what with preparing for, & recovering from, an op, possibly chemo/radiotherapy as well. We’re just having to grasp at any opportunity to put our feet up & relax.

No comments: