Monday 4 June 2018

Pills

I’ve just been making a curry for this evening. A chicken one. We haven’t had a curry for ages. The Fox has been off them of late. I’m quite looking forward to some spice again. (We haven’t been entirely without spice. We’ve had plenty of chillies, ginger, cayenne & paprika.)

We’ve been sitting outside of late to eat. It’s one of the joys of having a beautiful garden.

Later today we shall have to go up to the surgery. When I took my last lot of pills last night I noticed I was nearly out of them. A quick check of supplies made me realise I didn’t have a spare pack. I have to go to the surgery on Friday for my next blood let to check on the excess calcium problem. If I put in my repeat prescription today, they should be ready to collect on Friday, which is also the night I run out of these pills.

These days I sometimes feel life revolves around pills. Between us we take more than a dozen different types of pills, some more than once a day. I’m very grateful we no longer have to pay for them thanks to the NHS. But I do sometimes wonder whether they are really doing us much good. Some, at least, are countering the side effects of others.

No comments: