Monday 3 April 2017

Not much fish!



I can’t quite believe it! A second Monday of sunshine. The washing is out once more.

Despite his ill health the Fox has continued to cook on Sunday. He knows how aching & tired I am after I’ve changed the sheets & sorted the washing out.

So on Saturday I ask what he’s cooking this Sunday. He thought fish as we hadn’t had much fish this week.

I was stunned. I was sure we’d had fish. It caused me to look back over my diary, where I note what we eat when. Sure enough this year there’s not been a single week when we haven’t had at least one fish dish. Most weeks it’s been two, some even three.

So in the last week, starting last Monday we’ve had – Prawn curry (Monday), fish pie (Thursday), crab soup (Friday) , kipper & egg kedgeree (Sunday) & today it will be tuna & egg plait. Not much fish indeed. Oh yes, & the Sunday before had been cod fish fingers.

No comments: