Wednesday 19 April 2017

Getting better?



The Fox is once more up to cooking. We’re having a Ham & Egg Sauté tonight. I’ve just parboiled some potatoes ready. Admittedly I’ve done only about half the old amount but at least I’m confident he will manage to eat them all, along with the usual amount of cooked gammon & peppers. Equally I’m confident he’ll eat the fried egg. I suspect, though, I will still be having the majority of the tin of baked beans we usually have as accompanying veg. He’s not entirely got his appetite back, but it is so reassuring to see him doing so much better.

He’s now wondering whether he should be cancelling his blood tests next week & the hospital scan the week after. I’m trying to assure him, since they are arranged he should have them. For all we know it may be a problem that manifests itself in waves. It may have eased for now but that’s not to say it won’t return in a month’s time. However, we are increasingly beginning to think it is just the result of stress - & the last few months have certainly been stress-filled – and as such it is just settling down as he starts to relax.

So now we face a general election. We haven’t even discovered who’s standing at the local election on May 4 & now we wonder about the national election on June 8. I’ve no idea who I will vote for. I don’t trust Theresa May but I can’t say I see any other potential leaders in any of the other parties. The one good thing about British elections is that at least the process doesn’t take months (as with the French) or even years (as in the USA). This time will be the first time we will be at home during an election for years. Usually we’re on holiday in the sunshine - admittedly for the Brexit referendum we were in a cold & grey Scotland, still away from home.

No comments: