Wednesday 12 April 2017

Is there no end?



The news just gets better.

Now we have 5 hospital appointments either organised or in the process of being organised.

There’s one for the Fox for his abdominal scan. He remains very up & down. Some days he seems a bit better, managing to eat some food, even if in small portions. Other days he’s just uncomfortable all day long.

I’ve now got 4 appointments – one with the breast clinic, two with oncology & now one with dermatology. It seems I now have psoriasis on my scalp & around my eyes. I also need to get myself checked for allergies.

Is there no end of these hospitals visits? It seems like one thing after another. We’re certainly getting our money’s worth from the NHS.

We just long for things to go back to normal, for us to be allowed to potter along in our nice comfortable rut, for us to be able to plan for the future with confidence that we might be well enough to fulfil them. Is that asking too much?

No comments: