Monday 24 April 2017

Blast off



I’m ready for blast off. I’ve just prepared a chilli for dinner, using corned beef for a change. We had a chilli one day last week – a mixed bean one. Despite putting a whole chilli in it, the heat was minimal. This time I’ve put in chilli powder so I expect I real burst of heat tonight. We’ll appreciate a bit of bread to break it up a bit.

This is my last head massage session day. I’m not sure if I would have it again. It’s not unpleasant but I’m not sure how relaxing I’ve really found it. I’m not convinced the disruption in order to dress appropriately & get there, & the need have a quick meal for after or eat out, doesn’t outweigh the benefit. I’ll think about it. I have at least slept better for some of the time but even that benefit is wearing off now.

I’m really hoping Mondays may be a time when we can once more go back to meeting friends regularly at our village pub. The pub is due to be re-opened today after being closed in September for refurbishment. It is once more a hotel with accommodation. (There isn’t any hotel with accommodation in the village & yet the tourists do come.) I just hope in the process they haven’t destroyed it as a pub.

I hate pubs that are all big screens, loud music, slot machines or laid tables for meals. I want a place conducive to a quiet chat with friends over a relaxing drink, in my case diet coke most of the time. I don’t mind having some restaurant area that is laid out. I appreciate the economics of pubs these days necessitate a thriving food trade, & again the village could do with somewhere good to eat out. At one time it was a good place to eat but that must be the best part of 10 years ago now.

Anyhow we’re curious to see what they’ve done with this ancient 16th century building. We’ll maybe go along later in the week.

No comments: