Monday 17 April 2017

Hallelujah!



Hallelujah! Hallelujah! The Fox is finally managing to eat a bit more & generally seem more like himself. I couldn’t believe it when, after eating a homemade corned beef slice the Fox commented he’d enjoyed the meal. It happened again with a homemade chicken & ham pie at the weekend.

He’s far from totally back. We’re still eating half the amount of potatoes & veg, but at least he’s enjoying the food, which makes it seem more worthwhile to cook.

To some extent it may be partially his age. He’ll be 67 next week. Older people often seem to have smaller appetites. The time may have come to have smaller meals. Maybe have more meals, each of smaller quantity.

All to this means I set to, making some Corned Beef Cutlets today to finish the tin of corned beef. This week I’m also thinking of doing a proper shop for the first time in a month, get a few fresh foods.

The Fox is also feeling more able to give a hand in the kitchen & elsewhere, which liberates me to feel I can do a few things I’ve wanted to do. I have been putting everything on hold, just doing the essentials of cooking & washing up unaided. It’s amazing how much that little extra can take out of you when you are disabled.

I’ve finally got around to adding some feed to some of the pot plants in the garden. I tend to feel, when they are perennials & so unlikely to change pots much, & so change soil, they need a bit extra feeding to keep the plants in good condition.

He’s even been seeing holidays that may be worth looking into. We’re hoping, if all goes well in May, that we will be able to turn our attention to a bit of a break later in the year, maybe go somewhere extra special to celebrate. Let's hope so.

No comments: