Sunday 1 January 2012

Catching up

Readers of the Fox's blog will realise why I have been silent so long. Our ill-health continues. Yesterday was one of the worst for me but come about 8pm I picked up & managed to eat a bit & see the new year in with a glass of wine. I'm relieved to say so far I'm doing much better today, managing to eat & drink fairly normally so far. I'm even hoping to get the household chores done this afternoon.

I weighed myself today, the first time since Christmas, & discovered this has clearly been one of the few Christmas periods I've even managed to lose weight. That doesn't happen often. Usually I dread looking at the scales after such a period of self-indulgence.  Mind you I've not done as bad as my cousin Ann who has lost over over a stone due to the effects of the chemotherapy she's presently having for cancer. She sounds reasonably cheerful despite that & has found the treatment not as bad as she feared. We just have to wait & see if it has been effective. We won't know that for a few moths.

Meanwhile a great thump resounded around the house the other day as a pile of unrequested holiday brochures arrived in the post. I've been flipping through the pages in my more lucid moments. I feel we could do with a holiday - a bit of sunshine & relaxation, above all a bit of better health.

Anyhow to get back to what the theme of this blog was going to be. Accept my belated apologies for not getting around to it earlier in the week, but

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY READERS
MAY YOU ALL HAVE BETTER HEALTH THAN WE HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING IN 2011
MAY 2012 BRING YOU ALL PEACE & A RENEWED WONDER IN THE WORLD

No comments: