Monday 16 January 2012

Quiet day or not so quiet day

It looks set to be another quiet day. When I woke 2am-ish my stomach ached, but nowhere as bad as it has of late. I don't think it was of such severity to wake me, just for me to be aware of a bruising when I did wake anyhow. This being so I've not made a doctor's appointment.

The Fox has got out Big Ears, our slow cooker once more. On our trips to Lancaster we had a quick look at a stationery/bookshop. Apart from the two Rossetti jigsaws I've already mentioned we picked up a couple of slow-cook books. The Fox is eagerly trying out one of the new recipes, a chicken & sweetcorn stew. It certainly smells good. That will just have to be warmed up this evening.

PD has just rung. He's keen to go to the Pub this afternoon. I suspect we will probably go along. It's another brilliant blue skied frosty morning. I'm hoping, if it stays like this, we will have yet another fabulous sunset to see as we come back home. Here's hoping!

Oh no! Another ambulance with flashing lights has just drawn up at our neighbour's. Don't say Dave, our neighbour who was rushed into hospital not long before Christmas, has had another heart attack. His wife was only saying last week, he was feeling better than he has for months, if not years. Fingers crossed for him.

No comments: