Saturday 30 July 2011

A ropey day

Yesterday was a ropey day. All the previous night I'd been having stomach pains. I'd had to get up several times in the hope that a trip to the loo would settle things. But it didn't.

I'm not quite sure whether I'd eaten something nasty on Thursday. I will admit the prawns in the jacket potato I had out for lunch that day didn't taste as fresh a they could be. 

Maybe I'm once more reacting against pills, I've noticed I've started a tendency to once more get cramps in my feet on a regular basis. Last time those cramps progressed to my stomach. The solution was to change one lot of pills. Maybe it's the same again. 

Either way I ended up feeling very tired & sore yesterday morning.

I nearly went straight back to bed again. That, in fact, is what I did do around midday. I got up again a couple of hours later feeling much better. My stomach still felt bruised, but not positively aching. I was still tired but more refreshed than I had been. 

It was just as well as we had agreed to go along to the Pub in the afternoon. It turned out a good session with more people than usual turning up. The conversation was lively, friendships reaffirmed.

I was also pleased when I got home that I had persevered with preparing  the Finnan Pie in the morning. It turned out delicious. Readers of the Fox's last blog will realise how much he appreciated it. I was anxious that it might be dry with pastry top & bottom, but no, the cheese sauce made it wonderfully moist. The saltiness of the smoked haddock & the cheese sauce was broken by the blandness of the raw egg I had put in the pie. Great.

Needless to say, last night was an early night for me. But I'm glad to say today I'm feeling much more myself. A little residual bruising but that's it. Now I'm just hoping there'll not be a recurrence.

No comments: